Sniper Elite 4 is due out on February 14th, 2017, and I’m certainly looking forward to feeling the love this coming Valentine’s Day from this game, if nothing else! So, if you’re also not getting a fumble from anyone, you can still blow Hitler’s bollocks off!
And if Rebellion can somehow build a time machine, then we can get Donald Trump to travel back in time and stand next to the Führer! (but I can dream)
The game will support PS4 Pro and DirectX 12 on PC, taking advantage of the latest technology and cementing its place as the defining World War II game for a generation. There’s also a number of technical improvements on PS4 Pro at launch, including enhanced frame rate, improved lighting and faster loading times.
Rebellion CTO and Co-founder Chris Kingsley: “We’ve worked really hard to make SNIPER ELITE®4 our biggest and best game ever, and now the power of PS4 Pro and DirectX 12 on PC, means we can take things even further for our fans who want the best sniper experience in the world. We’re turning everything up to 12!”
Sniper Elite 4 features on PS4 Pro include:
- Enhanced frame rate
- Increased draw distances
- Increased geometry level of detail
- Improved lighting and shadows fidelity
- Increased image quality of reflections
- Faster loading times
In addition to supporting DirectX 12, the game still supports DirectX 11.
Also online now, and captured entirely from in-game footage, is a six-minute ‘101’ trailer, showcasing all-new gameplay from Sniper Elite 4‘s extensive feature set, including:
- An expansive campaign for 1-2 players: Explore 1943 Italy and fight alongside the brave men and women of the Resistance. Hunt down a terrifying new weapon that threatens the entire Allied fightback.
- A deep and rewarding sniping simulation: deliver pinpoint assassinations at extreme distance, adapting to wind and gravity, and adjusting for range with scope zeroing.
- Traverse massive environments featuring hundreds of enemies and vehicles: Find your ideal sniper’s nest, outmanoeuvre your enemies or hunt them up close. Combine suppressed weapons with deadly traps to torment enemy formations and isolate priority targets.
- Employ a massive, personalised arsenal including iconic World War II rifles, submachine guns, shotguns, explosives and heavy weapons. Adapt your loadout for each mission and upgrade core attributes like scope magnification, stability, recoil, muzzle velocity and more.
- Challenging online co-op & multiplayer modes set across six gorgeous custom-designed maps. Take on dedicated co-op modes for up to 4 players and prove your mettle across 7 competitive modes for up to 12 players.
Target: Führer is included FREE with ALL retail and digital pre-order editions of Sniper Elite 4 and will also be available to purchase when the game launches worldwide on February 14th, 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, and click on all the packshot for the full-size version.
Check out the ‘101’ trailer below and click on the packshot for the full-size version.
Reviewer of movies, videogames and music since 1994. Aortic valve operation survivor from the same year. Running DVDfever.co.uk since 2000. Nobel Peace Prize winner 2021.