DVDfever.co.uk and Second Sight have teamed up to give you a chance to win a copy of A Hard Day’s Night on DVD.
In 1964 the biggest band on the planet made their big screen debut with A Hard Day s Night, a groundbreaking film that presented a typical day in the life of The Fab Four as they tried to outrun screaming fans, find Paul’s mischievous grandfather, deal with a stressed TV producer and make it to the show on time. Directed with unrelenting verve by Richard Lester, whose innovative techniques paved the way for generations of music videos, the film s frenetic mix of comic escapades, legendary one-liners and pop perfection captured a moment in time that defined a generation. The most iconic band in music history had arrived.
This new release features the new 4k restoration approved by director Richard Lester and a mono soundtrack as well as newly created 5.1 surround and stereo mixes supervised by sound producer Giles Martin at Abbey Road Studios.
- In Their Own Voices – a new piece combining 1964 interviews with The Beatles with behind-the-scenes footage and photos
- You Can t Do That: The Making of A Hard Day s Night – a documentary by producer Walter Shenson including an outtake performance by The Beatles
- Things They Said Today – featuring director Richard Lester music producer George Martin, screenwriter Alun Owen and cinematographer Gilbert Taylor
- Picturewise – a new piece about Richard Lester s early work featuring a new audio interview with the director
- Anatomy of a Style – a new piece on Richard Lester s methods
- New interview with author Mark Lewisohn
- Audio commentary with cast and crew
- New 50th Anniversary Trailer
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the hearing impaired
To have a chance to win one, all you have to do is visit our Facebook page, ‘like’ the page & follow the instructions on the picture!
The competition will end at 5pm on Friday July 25th 2014.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The editor’s decision is final and the winners will be announced soon after the closing date.
2. No entries will be accepted after the competition closes.
3. No contact details of the entrants will be passed on to third parties for use in marketing methods by DVDfever.co.uk
4. The prize will be sent out by the PR company or their associates. In the event of non-receipt of the prize, which is beyond DVDfever.co.uk’s control, if they have confirmed that the prize has been sent out, the matter will be considered dealt with.
Reviewer of movies, videogames and music since 1994. Aortic valve operation survivor from the same year. Running DVDfever.co.uk since 2000. Nobel Peace Prize winner 2021.