Grand Theft Auto Online Spring Updates will tell you all you need to know about the updates that are happening to GTA Online this Spring! (but you might’ve got that impression already 😉 )
Spring game updates
Capture Creator: Something new for next week, the Creator community will be able to make their own original customised Capture Jobs and add to the over 3.5 million (and counting) player-created Deathmatches and Races currently available on Social Club. Players can strategically place pick-ups, define weaponry, set location, and tweak tons of other variables to make their own unique Capture Job for others to take on. We will also be reviewing homemade Capture creations to stamp standout experiences as Rockstar Verified.
The High Life Update: This will allow players to expand their foothold in Los Santos with new high-end apartment options, the powerful Bullpup Rifle, new wardrobe items, the Dinka Thrust motorcycle and three new lavish cars to choose from, including the Super class Pegassi Zentorno. The High Life Update will also feature the debut of multi-property ownership in GTA Online, which means players will be able to own two distinct properties (with garages) simultaneously. All this plus the new Mental State player statistic, which is designed to let players see just how passive or psychotically unhinged fellow players in their session really are, and a slew of new Jobs.
Heists: Players can team up with their most trusted Crew members or with random other mercenaries in Grand Theft Auto Online to pull off cooperative Heist Missions for glory and profit. Stay tuned for much more information to come.
Later this year there’ll be more additions to both GTA Online and GTA V, including more holiday-themed updates, some very exciting Story Mode DLC and much more.
Further refinements based on community feedback
Since GTA Onlinr was launched, Rockstar have been continuously monitoring how the community is playing the game as well as all player feedback sent to GTAOnline@rockstargames.com address to see what the community is liking, disliking, and what should be addressed in upcoming GTA Online Title Updates.
In upcoming Title Updates and via dynamic tuning, players can expect:
- The addition of a ‘Non-Contact’ option for Races. This will allow you to play standard Races with collisions disabled between player vehicles. Other players will appear as semi-transparent and you’ll still be able to collide with non-player traffic, structures and other scenery, but this mode – for those who want to play it – will eliminate the “rubbing is racing ” mentality that some wish to avoid.
- Players will be able to call Lester and have him tell his cop buddies to turn a blind eye to any crime you may or may not be committing for a short period of time.
- As a reward for players who leave feedback on Jobs, there will be some bonus RP granted every time a player likes or dislikes content after playing it.
- GTA$ payouts will be increased when completing Parachute, Races, Deathmatches and LTS Jobs with less than 4 players.
- As part of their ongoing commitment to target cheaters and keep the game as fair as possible, they are closing RP exploits and will be adjusting the RP totals of players who we know for certain to have gained illegitimate RP by cheating. Your RP will only be adjusted if you participated in mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behavior. If you grinded short legitimate missions or otherwise gained a small amount of RP without modding, your RP should not be affected by this correction.
- Rockstar will be fixing the issue where players who had upgraded personal vehicles prior to Title Update 1.10 were only able to sell them for $10,000.
These are just a few of the ongoing tweaks and enhancements in the works — and as mentioned above, community members are encouraged to email GTAOnline@rockstargames.com and let Rockstar know what they’d like to see added to the world of Grand Theft Auto Online.
Reviewer of movies, videogames and music since 1994. Aortic valve operation survivor from the same year. Running DVDfever.co.uk since 2000. Nobel Peace Prize winner 2021.