The Sisters 2: Road to Fame has you playing as one of two sisters – Wendy or Marine – who have been given a tablet as a reward for getting good grades in school.
Like any budding social influencer, you want to get the most followers and spread your reach around, but the town’s residents won’t just follow you without anything in return. These include taking photos of famous people without them realising, or using your water gun to clean buildings, since hoses and window cleaners don’t appear to have been invented in this universe.
Once done, you’ll get some points and a new follower on SisTok – yes, the name’s changed just enough to avoid paying the owners of a particularly similar name for use of their trademark 😉
On the plus side, this game is very colourful, everything stands out, and has 24 missions as well as 24 mini-games to play, plus multiplayer modes for up to 4 players to go through some or all of them again.
However, there are a few downsides to The Sisters 2: Road to Fame, although for the first one, I get that I’m not quite in the age range for this game:
- The missions are quite repetitive, so even though there’s a lot of them, several require you to water-soak various kids in the are with your water gun.
- There are also some glitches, such as trying to take a picture of a celeb, and I snap a pic, but the mission doesn’t complete! It keeps telling me to walk in their direction, and then nothing happens. What’s going on? As a result, I just look like I’m forever running around and getting nowhere! I eventually found where the right place was to go, but it wasn’t at all clear. You also can’t replay missions, so I couldn’t get a better recording for that mission.
- And another glitch, when Wendy just became stuck to the ground after a mission, and I had to quit out of the game as she couldn’t run to the next one.
- Similarly, I walked off the road, at one point and got stuck in a planter area. There is a menu option entitld “I’m stuck”, and it puts you back on the road, but given that the girls don’t simply have the ability to jump, this could happen a number of times.
- Plus, I can’t see what to do in the Pizza Express mission. Delivering pizza to customers sounds easy, but there’s only a handful of people in that section, none of them want pizza, and the game bars you from going out of that section for the duration of the mission! I saw an apparent complete walkthrough for the game from XCageGamer, but he was missing multiple missions!
- Oh, and what are the ‘missions’ on the map with a crescent moon above them? I go there, pass through a star, and nothing happens?
The gameplay below has plenty of videos and there’s more to come.
Thanks to our friends at Microids for the review code for this game.
- Developer: Balio Studio
- Publisher: Microids
- Players: single-player
- CPU: AMD RYZEN 9 7950X3D
- Motherboard: MSI MPG X670E CARBON WIFI AMD X670 S AM5 DDR5 PCIe 5.0 4x M.2 2.5GbE AMD EXPO™ ATX
- RAM: 64GB (2x32GB) Corsair DDR5 Vengeance RGB PC5-44800 (5600Mhz)
- Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX NITRO+ 24GB GDDR6 Ray-Tracing RDNA3 6144 Streams
- 1st Storage Drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 (2280) PCIe 4.0 (x4) NVMe SSD TLC V-NAND 7450MB/s Read 6900MB/s
Reviewer of movies, videogames and music since 1994. Aortic valve operation survivor from the same year. Running DVDfever.co.uk since 2000. Nobel Peace Prize winner 2021.