The High Life Update is now available to download for GTA Online, and it gives you the chance to live life large in Los Santos, owning two properties at any one time, as well as the addition of five new opulent apartments – Eclipse Towers in Vinewood, Richards Majestic in Rockford Hills, Tinsel Towers in Little Seoul, 4 Integrity Way in Downtown, and Del Perro Heights by the beach.
As always, just drive up to the new property location sale and follow the prompts, or head to Dynasty8realestate.com to look for your next purchase.
New luxury cars and a fab new motorbike can also be purchased: The Enus Huntley S (SUV), Dewbauchee Massacro (Sports), Pegassi Zentorno (Super) and Dinka Thrust (Motorcycle) are all now available to purchase from Legendary Motorsport. Remember, these vehicles can also be accessed from any garage in Story Mode, adding a new spin to your mission replays.
And because success breeds jealousy, the powerful Bullpup Rifle is now available in Ammu-Nation to help you protect your assets.
Gear up with the all-new vehicles and weaponry to take on brand new Rockstar-created Jobs in GTA Online, including 8 new Contact missions listed below, and more are being published online soon including Capture, Survival, TDM and Last Team Standing mode Jobs.
Contact: GTA Today | Artificial Scarcity | Crime Scenester | Hit ‘Em Up | Master Data | Handle with Care | On the List | Denial of Service
Land Race: Stock Market Crash | Loss Leader | Home In The Hills | Thrusting Motion
High Life also introduces more features and enhancements, as well as those based on your very own feedback, more of which can be submitted to GTAOnline@rockstargames.com, where Rockstar are always reviewing your input for consideration:
- Mental State stat: Rockstar are keeping track of your behaviour. If you seem to enjoy attacking pedestrians and terrorising other players, then your blip will start to turn red on other players’ maps. The redder the blip, the more psychotic the player; the whiter the blip, the friendlier they are.
The actions you take will have varying effects on your Mental State. For example, killing another player will turn your blip red faster than blowing up a car or taking out a random pedestrian. Killing a player with a white blip will push your Mental State into the red faster than killing more psycho players, while taking out full-on psycho players won’t cause your own Mental State stat to increase at all.
Mental state also factors into matchmaking – you’ll automatically join Freemode sessions containing people more ‘compatible’ with your play style, and if a red-blipped lunatic does enter your session, you at least have fair warning!
- Non-Contact Races are now an option. When you create a Non-Contact race, other racers appear as semi-transparent and collisions with them are disabled (although you’ll still be able to collide with non-player traffic, structures and other scenery).
- You now have the option to Friend Spectate – if you and a friend are in separate GTA Online sessions you can now choose to spectate that player through the Friends menu.
- New player toasts and celebrations: Switch out your salute for jazz hands, a face palm, a slow clap and more. There are also paired toasts for celebrating with a friend, like a backslap, or a solid, manly handshake.
- New clothing: It can be hard work finding the perfect ensemble to really make your character stand out, so we’ve done some of the hard work for you and put together some stylish outfits. Hit the town, dressed to the nines with an array of classy new suit sets available with a pret-a-porter jacket, trousers, suit vest and shoes.
- 10 additional vehicles from Story Mode are now available for the first time in GTA Online – these will be marked on the car sales websites as new in the High Life Update so you can find them easily at southernsanandreassuperautos.com and legendarymotorsport.net:
- Bravado Banshee Topless
- Inverto Coquette Topless
- Vapid Dominator Ocelot F620
- Schyster Fusilade
- Maibatsu Penumbra
- Ubermacht Sentinel XS
- Ubermacht Sentinel (Convertible)
- Grotti Stinger Topless
- Coil Voltic Topless
- Bravado Banshee Topless
Today’s update 1.13 also includes some improvements and fixes including:
- Based on feedback from the stunting community, the changes to bike physics in a recent Title Update have been reverted.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to shoot in their garages.
- Fixed an issue where players would occasionally not be able to reclaim a vehicle despite it being insured.
- Fixed an issue where the water cannon on the Fire Truck did not work correctly.
For the full list of fixes, you can view Title Update notes at the Rockstar Support site.
To download today’s free update, fire up your connected PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, start GTAV and download the automatic update (1.13) when prompted (Xbox 360 players will also be required to download an additional compatibility pack upon entering GTA Online).
Reviewer of movies, videogames and music since 1994. Aortic valve operation survivor from the same year. Running DVDfever.co.uk since 2000. Nobel Peace Prize winner 2021.