Bikers is a forthcoming awesome action racer for the ZX Spectrum Next from Andrew Laird, and plays across five continents. It also has a feel of Super Hang On to it and is great fun.
Taken from the website:
- Throttle wide-open, needle on the redline… it’s you against the top riders of the Grand Prix circuit as you race your motorcycle across 5 continents in a bid to be first across the line!
- Console-quality arcade gameplay
- Huge sprites
- 5 challenging courses
- Customisable difficulty level
- Supports 1, 2 and 3 button game pads/joysticks and keyboard
- Fully re-definable keys
- Specially composed AY-3 soundtrack
- Dynamic sound effects
Race against the clock to reach the next stage, whilst battling wheel-to-wheel with your opponents.
Inspired by the classic arcade racers of the 1980s, Bikers brings the excitement home to the ZX Spectrum Next in full-colour, high-octane glory.
Bikers supports play at 50Hz over RGB, VGA and HDMI and at 60Hz over RGB and VGA only. Play at 60Hz on HDMI displays may result in slowdowns and poor performance.
NOTE: I played the game on my ZX Spectrum Next over HDMI with 60Hz, but had to toggle the music to ‘on’ as it normally switches it off in that scenario.
Check out the gameplay video below, and you can pre-order it from https://cavern.games.
Reviewer of movies, videogames and music since 1994. Aortic valve operation survivor from the same year. Running DVDfever.co.uk since 2000. Nobel Peace Prize winner 2021.